Welcome to KidsEcoClub Internet web sites!
We are proud to have this opportunity to tell you a little about our company. Along the way, we also hope you have some fun. Before you begin exploring, we'd like to review the steps we have taken to ensure that on-line visitors of all ages have a safe, enjoyable experience.
Our Commitment To Privacy
We take seriously our responsibility to our many young consumers. Our sites have been designed for our adult consumers and to enjoy, but they also have been designed to be accessible, safe for kids of all ages, and to adhere to all applicable laws and regulations. Children under the age of 13 and their parents should review the section of this policy called "A Word to Parents About Kids' Privacy" which discusses the special steps we take for young children who may visit our pages.
How We Collect Information
Below are some of the ways in which a visitor may provide information to us on-line and how we may use that information.
Domain Name Recognition
Our web servers automatically recognizes a visitor's domain name, however, they do not recognize a visitor's e-mail.
Information Actively Provided by Our Visitors
We do not require visitors to register or provide any information before entering our web sites. However, there are several places where visitors may choose to provide personally identifiable information about themselves or other people. Unless we tell you otherwise, KidsEcoClub will use the information for the purpose the information was provided.
- Questions: On some pages our visitors can submit comments or ask questions. The only personally identifiable information that we collect is the sender's e-mail address. We save e-mail addresses associated with questions in order to respond to those questions and provide information about KidsEcoClub.
- Promotions/Contests: We frequently offer promotions and contests on our pages. In order to enter a promotion and/or contest or to access certain web site content, we might require you to register online. All visitors under the age of 13 must gain permission from a parent or guardian prior to completing their online registration. During the registration process, we collect information necessary for prize fulfillment and/or participation and will not share this information with any third party companies unless it is for prize fulfillment purposes. If you win a prize or contest, additional information may be collected offline for tax and prize fulfillment purposes. Your online registration may be used across our web sites to enter multiple promotions and/or sweepstakes or to access certain content. The first initial, last name, hometown and state of all winners will be included on a Winners List. The Winners List will be provided upon request and as required by law. Information required for tax purposes, the Winner's List or other information required by law is kept as required by law. We also may use the email address that you provide to send you promotional offers if you opt in.
- E-mail Newsletters: If you are over the age of 13, some of our pages permit you to register to receive e-mail newsletters or updates in the future by providing your e-mail address. Any e-mail you receive from KidsEcoClub will allow you to change your preference or "unsubscribe" from this informational service at any time. At the bottom of each promotional email, there is a link stating "Click here to change or remove your subscription". Clicking that link will lead to a page where you can immediately remove your subscription.
- Auctions: Visitors to some of our web sites can participate in on-line auctions. We only collect information which is required for participation in the auction and delivery of merchandise to auction winners. All personally identifiable information submitted is used for the purpose of the auction. The same information may also be used to facilitate that same visitor's entry into a sweepstakes or contest so that the consumer does not have to repeatedly enter the same information.
- Other Features: There may be other features available on our web sites which may require some personally identifiable information to use the feature. We only use the personally identifiable information to provide the feature.
- Chapter Clubs: All visitors under the age of 13 must gain permission from a parent or guardian prior to completing their online registration for a KidsEcoClub Chapter website. During the registration process, we collect information necessary for participation and will not share this information with any third party companies unless it is for prize fulfillment purposes. If you win a prize or contest, additional information may be collected offline for tax and prize fulfillment purposes. Your online registration may be used across our web sites to enter multiple promotions and/or contests or to access certain content. The first initial, last name, hometown and state of all winners will be included on a Winners List. The Winners List will be provided upon request and as required by law. Information required for tax purposes, the Winner's List or other information required by law is kept as required by law. We also may use the email address that you provide to send you promotional offers if you opt in.
Business Partners and/or Affiliates and/or Schools
We have some business partners with whom we may operate some of our pages and share information. For example, on occasion we may offer a contest or sweepstakes jointly with another company. In such instances, information may be shared with the co-sponsor so that the contest or sweepstakes may be conducted. We do share information regarding naturalist guides, STEM professionals, parent volunteers, undergraduate, graduate students, professors, educators, park rangers, docents and volunteers with school districts, allied organizations and educators for purposes of conducting field trips, security screening and collaboration.
Aggregate information about which pages visitors access or visit (for example, to enter a visitor in a contest or to send the visitor information) is used for internal review as we continue to improve our web site. This information may be transferred to Ning and Neon and/or other third party vendors, which are used to support newsletters, blogs, forums, websites, twitter, face book, and other media related to the KidsEcoClub website and services. Non-personally identifiable aggregate information is shared with third parties. If you prefer not to allow us to collect this information, you can do so by turning off the cookies in your browser, although some areas of our websites may not function properly if you do. We do not rent or sell e-mail addresses with any other company or organization.
Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us on-line in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Our Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on-line.
A Word To Parents About Kids' Privacy
Our sites have been designed primarily for adult consumers to enjoy, but they also have been designed to be accessible, safe for kids of all ages, and to adhere to all applicable laws and regulations. There are some extra precautions that we take, however, with respect to collecting information from children under 13.
- All website registrants or members will be requested to provide their age. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 on-line without first obtaining permission from the child's parent or guardian. When a child under 13 years old attempts to register for a promotion or contest, start a KidsEcoClub Chapter, submit articles, photographs, or video, we send their parent or guardian an e-mail to get their permission to collect the child's personally identifiable information as part of their registration. If we do not receive permission within 14 days, we will delete the child's request and they will not be able to complete their registration online. Once a parent or guardian gives their permission for their child to register, the parent will be asked to complete the child's mailing information on behalf of the child. When complete, the child will be able to enter future registration-based contests and/or participations without any further requests of consent to the parent. Should the child's personally identifiable information require updating, the parent will be required to make any and all updates to their child's online registration information on behalf of the child. If a child under 13 is a winner, we will contact you and/or your child by e-mail for prize fulfillment purposes.
- We do not require a child to provide more personally identifiable information than is reasonably necessary to participate in an activity. (You may wish to be aware that, according to the FTC, web site operators are not permitted to collect more information than is needed for a child to participate in an on-line activity.)
- Our web sites do offer activities that allow your child to disclose your child's personal information publicly (for example through chat rooms, forum groups, Twitter, Facebook and or message boards). Please instruct your child to NEVER arrange a face-to-face meeting with someone they met on-line; NEVER give out personal identifying information such as their name, home address, school name, address, team name; NEVER respond to messages or bulletin board postings that are suggestive, obscene, belligerent or harassing. Visit www.NetSmartz.org or www.cybertipline.com. And for teen-oriented safety tips on on-line social networking, visit www.2SMRT4U.com
- We do not share your child's personally identifiable information with third parties.
- If you would like to review personally identifiable information about your child that we have on file, or request that certain information be changed or deleted, please contact:
4660 La Jolla Village Drive, Suite 500
San Diego, California 92117
Or contact us online: at firstname.lastname@example.org
How You Can Access Or Correct Your Information
If it has not already automatically been deleted as explained above, you may review your or your child's personally identifiable information, have it deleted and withdraw permission for its continued use by KidsEcoClub by contacting us on-line at email@example.com. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. In addition to this, all sweepstakes and KidsEcoClub Chapter websites let you edit your information online within that website and to provide your own security and password protections (KidsEcoClub shall have access) to prevent third party access.
Our policy is to link only to other sites which are appropriate for visitors to our web site. However, content on web sites can change quickly, so we cannot always guarantee the appropriateness of the content of sites we link to. When you leave our site for another website, you will go first to a bumper page informing you that you are leaving our website.