Where Kids and the Environment Come to Meet
Raising the eco-consciousness of K-12 students and educators through classroom and after school environmental clubs and activities.
What We Do
KidsEcoClub helps schools and classrooms start and maintain environmental clubs during and after school. We partner with universities, non-profits, companies, and the government to bring world class, hands-on environmental learning and leadership opportunities to K-12 students.
KEC environmental clubs are connected through our online network of club websites, which is the only student-populated social media network approved for use in the San Diego Unified School District.
We do not have a one-size-fits-all set of activities for clubs. Whatever your passion is, if it has to do with healthy people, healthy communities, and a healthy planet, we are here to help. A few examples of club activities include:
- Student action to end animal extinction (see Take Action tab)
- Linked learning opportunities
- Conservation science support
- STEM field trips
- Farm field trips
- Wild animal assemblies
- Speaker support
- Habitat restoration
- Student action campaigns
- Green labs
- Garden support
- Healthy cooking demonstrations
- School energy audits and competitions
- Community projects
- Youth leadership training
- Click here for our Programs and Services brochure
To empower youth to lead a cultural transformation that optimizes health and sustains the environment.
Youth transforming the health of communities and the planet.
Awards & Recognitions
- San Diego Unified School District recognizes Kids Eco Club for engaging 100,000 K-12 students in conservation science. SDUSD Board of Trustees meeting, May 24, 2016
- City of San Diego declares May 20 "Kids Eco Club Day," in honor of our work to end extinction. San Diego City Council, May 14, 2016
- California Assembly Resolution No. 1123 commends Kids Eco Club “for the outstanding contributions it has made toward building healthy communities and sustaining the planet through its programs….” May 20, 2016
- San Diego Unified School District Proclamation declaring Kids Eco Club the "gold standard of non-profits working with the district." September 7, 2013
Kids Eco Club believes youth are powerful and capable of fueling social change and transformative action. We believe our generation will save the planet.
- We believe in challenging the status quo.
- We believe in thinking differently.
- We believe in connecting youth to the best teachers and best content in the world so they can learn without limits.